Friday, August 28, 2009

Fragrance

Just as I finished the previous post, a man sat down at a table close to me and I was enveloped in a cloud of scent that made my head reel. I could not think and felt a bit dizzy. His girlfriend arrived afterwards; the smell was not from her.

Fortunately, the man was on the phone, so by speaking to the lady, I avoided a man to man confrontation. I swayed to my feet and, avoiding comparisons to French whorehouses, explained as gently as possible that a cosmetic smell that seemed to come from them was making me ill.

Most people who wear scent are unaware that it can have such baleful effects on others. This couple was very polite; they immediately got up and left, probably for an outdoor table. The fact that it is a nice day probably helped.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home