Friday, June 23, 2006

Oriental Supermarket

Finished work and stopped at the oriental T&T Supermarket for some Kim Chee, smoked duck and exotic seafood. I would have bought some durian as well, but they only had the frozen stuff. I ponder why it is that I keep colliding with people in oriental crowds. Is it that Chinese bump into each other just as much as they bump into me, and I am the only one bothered by this because my caucasian demand for personal space is greater than theirs? Or do I bumble into them because my western body language is so different? I furtively watch to see how many inter-chinese collisions occur, doubling my own collision rate because of the distraction.

Safely home, I share my goodies with the cats, who like the duck and hate the Kim Chee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home